Etna National Park
Etna National Park.
Villa Loriana B&B Holiday House.
The beauty of the park is not only the grandeur of eruptions and lava flows. about the great volcano extends a unique and unparalleled, rich in sounds, perfumes and colors.
A district enchanting landscape, protected by a natural park that anyone in Sicily can not fail to visit.
The excursion opportunities are countless and each path always offers several reasons of interest and the opportunity to learn about natural environments, landscapes, aspects of human activity that are important testimonies of its ancient relationship with the mountains. Up to high altitudes, well over a thousand meters, it happens to cross private property that local farmers continue to cultivate with love; It will be good to remember to always respect these places that, with the establishment of the Etna Park, have become an integral part of the landscape of this large protected area. The paths that we present are available to everyone and do not require any special equipment except a good pair of walking shoes, a water bottle and a backpack. Those who already know these places, therefore, we offer the opportunity to visit them in a different way, to those who are new members of the mountain a good opportunity to start in the best way.
In the summit area of the volcano there is no type of vegetation as on recent lava no seed can sprout. In the hilly area of the foot meet the vineyards of Nerello, from which it produces the Etna DOC wine of the soil considerable pedemontana.La affluence has allowed the development of a rich agricultural variety, especially in the north – east of the volcano, compared other territories, thanks to the special microclimate that has been created by the proximity of the Ionian coast: many specialties, including for example the red Cherry Etna (Municipalities Milo, Sant’Alfio, Mascali and Giarre) or walnuts / peanuts highest share (municipalities of Saint Alfio, Milo, Piedimonte Etneo), are an asset, not fully exploited yet, on which the protected area of the Etna Park will not help in the future.
The refuge is part of the support facilities for summer and winter tourism on the southern slopes of Etna. Using the cable car and off-road, you can access the summit craters in the following ways:
- Excursion autonomously, following the directions of the guides: 24 EUR fee, one-way ticket for the cable car, or 30 euro return only cable car
- Excursion “light”, round trip by cable car / jeep with a simple visit to the 2002 crater in Torre del Philosopher: 60.5 EUR (round-trip ticket for Tower of the Philosopher), particularly suitable for the lazy and those who can not or do not want to walk very
- Excursion with the support of mountain guides (look for the house of the guides in the square in front of the bar). Climb up to the Philosopher Tower with cable car and off-road and descend on foot. It costs about 70 EUR but with the guides is definitely easier to approach the latest castings. If you can spend 70 Euros and you are able to get off on foot, it is a solution that is worth to assess
Some information: no free parking on tourist areas. Price by car park:
- One Hour: 80 cent
- Half Day: 2,5 euro
- Full Day: 4 euro
Ticket office open at 8.30 am; if you arrive early in the morning and the resales are closed, you can try to park outside the blue lines (and as in the square in front of the cable). If you stay at the shelter, you should take advantage of a private parking (ask for the security managers).
Near refuge there are other orutes:
The Citelli’s refuge is the base point for hiking in the eastern side of Etna.
From here you can do the following excursions:
In Piano Provenzana there is no refuge: in 2002 the Etna decided to raze the two hotels that were here and since then have not been rebuilt.
Piano Provenzana is the reference point for summer and winter tourism on the northern slope of Etna. Here are in fact the skiing (cross-country and downhill), the most beautiful and modern of the volcano, while in the absence of snow you can go off-road to the central craters in the following ways:
- Excursion “light”, round trip by jeep with a simple visit to the crater of 2002 in Punta Lucia: Cost 60.5 EUR (round-trip ticket in SUV)
- Excursion with the support of mountain guides (look for the house of the guides in the square of the gift shops). It climbs up to Punta Lucia jeep and walk back down. It costs about 60 € but with the guides is definitely easier to approach the latest castings. If you can spend 60 Euros and you are able to get off on foot, it is a solution that is worth to assess
Some information: no free parking from 8 am to 5 pm on tourist areas. Price by car park:
- Full day: 3 euro for car, 8 euro camper
- Half day (after 2 pm): 1,5 euro for car, 4 euro camper
From here you can do the following excursions:
With a little training you can reach the Citelli refuge and from there do the excursions described in the page dedicated to it.
In Piano Provenzana there is a restaurant and many small wooden houses where you can buy food and souvenirs.Si can then choose to stretch a bit ‘the return path and go for Lingfield where it is almost obligatory to buy sausage and jelly meat in the renowned steak’s workshop.
For those who want to enjoy a special experience there Asilandia which offers its guests the chance to sample the donkey milk.
Adventure Park Etna is the largest and safest, adventure park of Sicily with 11 tracks, 82 games from tree to tree, two climbing walls, one of which ends with a jump of 15 meters! Located within the Scarbaglio Park, Milo, it is equipped with trails for all ages, kids, teens and adults. For children using the Life Line Continue Zaza, a patented system in France which guarantees absolute safety.
The Park is open from June 16 to September 16, from 10.00 am to sunset.
Villa Loriana B&B Holiday House – Chalet – Home Restaurant – Via Salice 5,95010,Milo,Etna, Catania,Italy.
For Further information please contact us:
- e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: + 39/095 7087037 Cell: +39/3479640431
Call me or send me an e-mail.
I wait for you … Luca !!! Book now !!!